- Voting ends -
23:59 21 April
We've been searching high and low to find the Vue People's Pundit for Family films and it's time for you to help us pick a winner!
After scouring the snow-capped mountains of Arendelle, the darkest depths of Narnia and each and every one of Berk's Viking villages (better known as Facebook and Twitter), we've shortlisted 25 talented and movie-mad wordsmiths to fight the last battle!
We sent them all to a screening of Disney's enchanting live-action version of Cinderella and asked them all to submit a review in 250 words or less. Take a look at the entries below and help us crown the rightful champion by casting your vote...
Click on an entry to find out more and to vote.
- Terms & Conditions -
Vue People's Pundit for Family Terms and Conditions
By entering the competition, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully prior to participating in the Vue Cinemas People’s Pundit Contest (the "Contest"). By participating in the Contest each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
1. Eligibility for Participation: The Contest is only open to individuals (referred to as "Participants") Participants must have been invited to upload their entry after attending the Cinderella screening at a Vue cinema. Vue Cinemas employees and their immediate family members are not permitted to enter the Contest.
2. Access to Contest: The Participants enter the Contest by uploading their review and photo to the competition app. To be judged as part of the contest, the entries must include all information required in the upload form. A purchase or transaction is not required to participate or win.
Vue Cinemas does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties.
Entrants are not allowed to vote for themselves, however, sharing a link to the general Social Voting page (not directly to their own review) across social media platforms is allowed. Only one vote will be counted per person, so multiple votes submitted by friends and family will not be counted.
Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. Any entries with votes that are deemed to be manipulative will have the manipulative votes discounted from the overall vote total.
The use of websites that we deem to be dishonest, such as mass voting platforms, are strictly prohibited. Votes from such sites will not be counted and may result in the entrant in question being disqualified.
3. Participation Period: The contest is open for participation from 7 April 2015 until 23:59 on 21 April 2015 and winners will be announced shortly after.
4. Winner is announced: The winner will be notified via the email address submitted at the time of uploading their entry. If the winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours of the terms of the notification, another entry will be selected and the original winner will forfeit any prize.
5. The Prize: The prize is to become Vue Cinemas People’s Pundit for the ‘Family’ genre of movies and includes a 12 month pass for the winner plus one to use at Vue (I.D will be required to use this pass). The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There are no cash alternatives and the promoter’s decision is final.
6. Selecting winners: The winning entry will be the review with the highest number of votes, unless we deem the quality of the written review to be too poor. Any entries with votes that are deemed to be manipulative will have the manipulative votes discounted from the overall vote total.
7. Contest organizer: The Contest is organized by Vue Cinemas
8. The photographs: By submitting images, you are allowing Vue Cinemas to use them in future marketing print with no copyright. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all the necessary permissions are obtained from any person featured in a photograph. By submitting your images to the competition, you confirm that the photo was taken by you and is your own original work and does not contain or reference any third party trademarks – we will not accept movie posters, stills or other such images.
As part of entering this competition you accept that names and entries will be selected throughout the duration of the promotion and posted on various social media sites to promote the activity.
9. Personal Data: By participating in the Contest, the Participants hereby consent to the entries (i.e. photo and name of Participants) being uploaded to the Vue Cinemas websites, and that the personal details provided by the Participants will be processed by Vue Cinemas for the sole purpose of running and administering the contest. This data will be deleted once the contest is over and the winners have been picked, Participants may withdraw their consent for their photo to be used at any time. The Participant uploading the photos and completing the entry form is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to do so and that the individuals referred to in the material consents to these terms and conditions and to the material being uploaded to the Vue Cinemas websites.
10. Content policy for photo uploads: Vue Cinemas reserve the right to reject entries to the Contest: All Entries into the Contest are subject to Vue Cinemas’ approval after being uploaded to the competition app. All entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will be rejected. Vue Cinemas reserve all rights to decide what is considered inappropriate and/or offensive. In addition, in the event that a profile or picture is determined by Vue Cinemas, in its sole discretion, to infringe on the intellectual property of any third party Vue Cinemas may likewise reject the entry.
11. Copyright: Contest entries upon submission become the property of Vue Cinemas and each Participant relinquishes any claims of ownership or rights therein upon submission of their entry into the Contest.
12. Vue Cinemas is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete entries. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned because of any causes beyond the control of Vue Cinemas which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Vue Cinemas reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
13. Vue Cinemas reserves the right to (i) withdraw the competition (ii) cancel or change the promotion, (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iv) amend these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances make this necessary.
14. Vue Cinemas reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person or contestant.
15. Vue Cinemas is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. Vue Cinemas is not responsible for any injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with this contest.
16. This Contest shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.